About Us: Cat Friendly Practice
"We were interested in the Certified Cat Friendly program because we wanted to improve the experience for our cat patients and their families. Cats are very place oriented animals and we needed ideas on how to make Cypress Creek Pet Care an environment that cats would enjoy. The CCF program gave us ideas and more."—Dr. Susan Hopper
The entire staff got on board with improvements from the reception area to our boarding and hospitalization areas as well as the examination rooms. No part of the hospital was left behind in this process and our cat families tell us their cats are more relaxed than prior visits to our or other hospitals.
What is a Cat Friendly Practice?
Veterinary hospitals that are Cat Friendly Practices have made changes to reduce stress and provide a calming environment for feline patients. These changes include amenities such as feline-only waiting areas and exam rooms.
The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) recognizes the unique challenges and difficulties in bringing your cat to the vet, including:
- Cats often do not travel well.
- Cats do not feel safe when they are away from their normal home territory.
- Cats are highly sensitive to unusual sights, sounds, and smells.
- Most cats prefer quiet and solitude.
- Most cats are highly susceptible to stress and anxiety.
- Most cats are highly stressed by dogs and other cats being in close proximity to them.
- Cats need to be handled gently, with care and respect in the practice.
- Cats have unique medical requirements that Cat Friendly Practices are capable of providing.
Cypress Creek Pet Care meets the requirements put forth by the AAFP, addressing these concerns for our cat patients and their human families. Our staff is trained in feline friendly handling and cat behavior, to improve the veterinary experience for your special cats. We offer amenities such as climbing platforms, cat boxes, and Feliway diffusers in our “kitty exam room” to comfort our patients.
How Do We Become Cat Friendly?
To be designated as a Cat Friendly Practice by the American Association of Feline Practitioners, veterinary hospitals must prove they have taken specific extra steps to assure they understand a cat’s unique needs, and have implemented feline friendly standards.
10 areas of concern in the hospital include:
- Staff Training & Continuing Education / Client Communications
- Veterinary Practice / Waiting Room
- Feline Handling & Interaction with Clients
- Examination Room & Clinical Records
- Wards & Facilities
- Pain Management / Operating Room & Anesthesia
- Surgical Equipment & Dentistry
- Diagnostic Imaging & Laboratory Facilities
- Treatment / Health & Safety
- Preventive Care by Life Stages
We have designed our practice to include the latest in veterinary techniques and equipment to provide the highest level of care for your pet.
I am new to Cedar Park and needed to find a new vet for my pets, one of whom has special needs. As soon as I took the tour, I was hooked. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, and the cleanest vet clinic I've been in. -Chelaine
Loved the TLC and patience given! -Kathy
The staff and Dr.'s are always friendly and we are taken back almost as soon as we get there.-Anonymous
I have been coming to Dr. Schubert for 8 years and she has shown nothing but genuine concern and caring for my animals, through life and death. The staff is also personable and caring, always putting your pet first. -Anonymous
You definitely get the feeling as though they treat your pet as if it were their own. -Sean
We are new to having a fur companion and had lots of questions and concerns regarding our puppy. CCPC addressed the ones that we could remember along with what to expect and their recommendations. -Christel
My pets are part of my family, and Dr. Bouloy really understands. He and his staff are always caring and never too busy to make me and my furry babies feel like we are their main priority. I always leave with a comforted feeling! -Katie
We did not see a Dr.... we brought our doggies for grooming and they were in need of attention! She did a GREAT job with both of them and we shall be coming on schedule now that we found her. Thank You! -Carol